Senior Level Designer
Now Hiring Senior Level Designer in Singapore, Singapore
Ubisoft Singapore opened its door in July 2008 and is the 18th internal development studio. It is based in Solaris @ Fusionopolis.
It is vibrant, full-fledged production studio with more than 250 local and international talent (from 33 different nationalities) working on video games development. Since the start of the operations in Singapore, we have participated in production of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (TMNT Turtles in Time RS), Assassin’s Creed 2, Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands, Assassin’s Creed Brotherhood, Assassin’s Creed Revelations, Ghost Recon Online and Assassin’s Creed
Remarkably, Ghost Recon Online was a project initiated from Singapore which we headed off. The first Free-2-Play project in Ubisoft Group!
Ubisoft Singapore is responsible for one of the most revolutionary breaks in the gaming world in 2012, especially with the introduction of the naval battles in Assassin’s Creed III (AC3).
Despite having a humble beginning, we are now the largest development studio in South East Asia!
Join us today with a mission to make AAA Games for our fans around the world!
The main responsibilities will include:
• Conceptualize, design, script, direct, and build levels for video game products
• Design and implement areas of the game including layout, character placement, and other gameplay related entities
• Collaborate with Creative Director and Lead Designers to contribute innovative ideas towards all aspects of game design
• Collaborate with other Level Designers to define and refine level designs to create an extremely fun, satisfying, and polished level design flow
• Actively participate in and/or lead design specific discussions concerning design reviews and design issues
• Create design documentation based on the direction from the Creative Director and Lead Designers
• Collaborate with the engineering team to develop and enhance the development of tools and processes used in laying out environments
• Work closely with the art department to conceive and design environments that are innovative and visually impressive
• Apply architecture concepts to levels (flow, threshold, volumes)
• Share knowledge and mentor junior designers
• Motivate and inspire others to generate new ideas
• Keep up-to-date on current gaming trends and latest technology
• Ability to design creative and interesting game levels utilizing 3D tools (UnrealEd, Maya, Max, Hammer, Radiant or similar 3D editor).
• Must possess a full understanding of the relationship between gameplay elements within the level and the overall game as well as all of the ways a player can respond to each gameplay element.
• Passion for games and game development.
• Deep knowledge of the adventure / shooter game genre and the game development process.
• Great sense for what makes a game or level fun.
• Ability to effectively communicate within a large group project environment.
• Solid knowledge of the game production pipeline.
• Ability to apply critical thinking and analytical skills to resolve complex issues.
• Ability to meet deadlines designated for team projects.
• Previous experience using Lua (or equivalent scripting language) to create game mechanics.
• Ability to conceptualize exciting level designs that will be satisfying to the player.
• Ability to learn new tools quickly.
• Some artistic/architecture background, formal or otherwise, 2D or 3D, is a big plus.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Positive attitude, strong work ethic, and the ability to work in a highly collaborative team environment.Interested