The Mill’s NYC studio Job for Lead VFX Supervisors
The NY office is currently looking for Lead VFX Supervisors with at least 7-10 years experience. CG Lead artists are key elements of our creative team, and the ideal candidates will possess the following skills and capabilities.
· Is able to manage large projects and coordinate the VFX output and quality control, from initial conception to completion of the project.
· Must work closely with other departments, such as 2D, design and production.
· Must work closely with the client to ensure the clients’ requirements are met and that the client is guided effectively through the creative process.
· Works as a shoot attend, advising production and clients on set and all areas of on-set supervision.
· Liaise with the London and Los Angeles offices to encourage knowledge sharing, planning and cohesion.
· Must continually research, develop and adapt new and current ideas and techniques to ensure they remain innovative and at the forefront of our industry.
· Must represent The Mill within and externally such as industry events.
Skills and Experience:
· Minimum 7 years experience, preferably in commercials
· Must be client facing.
· Degree in computer graphics preferred
· Advanced knowledge of Maya or XSI crucial
· Mental Ray and Arnold preferred
· Linux operating systems knowledge as well as experience of OSX and Windows.
· Advanced knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, and ideally Nuke
· An understanding of all facets of 3D, i.e. hair dynamics, animation rigging/set-up and CG character animation, modelling, texturing and lighting.