Gameloft Montreal is currently seeking a talented VFX Artist to join our production team in Montreal.
Gameloft creates games for all digital platforms, including mobile phones, smartphones and tablets (including Apple® iOS and Android® devices), set-top boxes, Smart TVs, and HTML5 browsers. Founded in 1999 and a top innovator in its field, Gameloft distributes its games in over 100 countries.
Gameloft – Montreal
Montreal, Quebec – Canada
Main tasks and responsibilities
- Create, and implement real-time particle effects and animated shaders;
- Model, texture, animate, light and optimize VFX assets under direction of the Lead Artist;
- Maintain a consistent art style under the direction of the Lead Artist and the Art Director;
- Be willing to learn (and teach) new tools and techniques;
- Collaborate with designers, programmers and other members of the art team and works closely with the tools and engine depts.;
- Be meticulous and organized in approaching tasks, adhering to pipeline workflow.
Skills and Profile
- Experience on at least one AAA production as a VFX Artist;
- Requirement: knowledge of special-effect creation in a game engine;
- Solid technical abilities to aid in creating new visual–effect art pipelines;
- Comfortable using scripting tools to trigger effects based on game events;
- Able to conceptualize and animate very stylized natural and fantastical effects (environments, creatures, skills);
- Ability to accept feedback, and responds to criticism positively;
- Experience in Photoshop or After Effects is preferred. Knowledge of Fume FX is a bonus.
- Good problem-solving abilities;
- Self-motivated with strong work ethic;
- Video game enthusiast;
- Demonstrate visual-effects abilities;
- Open-minded and outward-looking;
- Enthusiastic and ready to take on new challenges.
In order to consider your application, we require your portfolio or samples of your work (demos, animations, images, websites, etc.). Please provide the address of your website or portfolio if you have one.
Please forward this information to the following address: