Autodesk Announces 2013 Digital Entertainment Creation Software Portfolio
Ultimate 3D Suite for Animation Pipeline Flexibility
With it, you can offer more flexibility to your clients and artists, resulting in higher productivity, more efficient asset reuse, and greater creative potential—at a significant cost savings.
1. Comprehensive 3D toolsets—With both Autodesk® Maya® and Autodesk® 3ds Max® software included in the suite, you can access a choice of production-proven packages for 3D modeling, animation, effects, rendering, and compositing.
2. Production flexibility—Use both Maya and 3ds Max together in a blended pipeline; repurpose existing assets in either format; or simply give your artists and clients the freedom to base a project around the package they prefer.
3. New creative possibilities—Create compelling effects, procedural models, and crowd simulations using the intuitive Interactive Creative Environment (ICE) within Autodesk® Softimage® software, and quickly create high-quality facial animation with the included Autodesk® Face Robot® toolset.
4. Intuitive digital sculpting and painting—Create highly detailed organic models using the intuitive sculpting, texturing, and painting toolsets of Autodesk® Mudbox® software.
5. Real-time, nonlinear animation and virtual production—Increase overall character animation output and explore the emerging genre of virtual production with the interactive 3D engine, motion capture data handling toolsets, and nonlinear editing paradigm of Autodesk® MotionBuilder® software.
6. High-quality baking—Easily create global illumination for next-generation games and then bake into texture maps, vertex maps, or point clouds with the Turtle for Autodesk Maya 2013 plug-in.
7. Creative concept art sketching—Explore and present new ideas for characters, props, and environments with the intuitive hybrid paint and vector toolset of Autodesk® SketchBook® Designer software.
8. Single-step interoperability—Maximize creative potential and optimize productivity with new single-step interoperability workflows and more consistent user interfaces in many of these 2013 releases.